This week we return to Culturally Responsive and Sustaining Education (CRSE) and expand to Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Teaching.
Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Teaching - Peter Licona, Elizabethtown University
1. Learning about Students (Culture, Interests, Backgrounds, etc.)
2. Drawing on Student Prior Knowledge (Funds of Knowledge, Prior Experiences) to promote learning.
3. Maintaining High Expectations for All Students
4. Creating a Safe Space/Community of Learners Where All Feel Safe to Participate
5. Valuing Cultural and Linguistic Diversity - Framing Cultural and Linguistic Diversity as an Asset
Intro/Outro Music: Notice of Eviction by Legally Blind